Thursday, January 10, 2008

Moving Forward

I'm new to this blogging stuff, but it sure is fun! One of the many past opportunities in which I've engaged was freelance writing. I absolutely loved everything about it, but had to stop when I made the decision to run for Midland's mayor in 2004. This blog is giving me the opportunity to pick up where I left off back then......and I'm grateful for it! I'm also very open to others' thoughts and, therefore, encourage you to comment whenever you stop by.

I've titled the blog 'Little Sparkles Everywhere' because well, in all honesty, The Spark wasn't available. The Spark was the name of my Midland Reporter Telegram column.....and is a personal nickname. In not being able to choose that name, God is probably smiling on me, though, because this is a chance to stay on more of a positive course.

Sparkle is another nickname I've had for years. I like it because it personifies the positive and optimistic side of me. "Sparkle," according to http://www.dictionary.com/, is defined (among other things) as "a little spark or fiery particle; brilliance, liveliness, or vivacity." Those who know that side of me would agree that each of those words can be used to describe me - when I'm in the optimistic mode - but there are countless others I know by which those same words can be described, as well. I want to celebrate them and hope you will do the same for those you know who fit the bill.

As a verb, "Sparkle" can also be defined as "to emit little sparks, as burning matter; to shine or glisten with little gleams of light; to effervesce." Although I'm also quite capable of emitting little burning sparks - not all of them shining - I know all sorts of folks who shine and glisten, folks who create effervescent goodness. I'm going to talk about a lot of them in this blog.......and a lot of other things. To use the title of an old Clint Eastwood film, on this blog we're going to talk about "The Good, the bad, and the ugly" I see around me.

But I still want to focus on the good. I'm looking forward to having others join me on this ride. There's plenty of room!
ss

No comments: